Awww-yeah! We’re excited that it’s time to add to our team here at Story City and we’re looking for a new Mobile Application Developer. If you’re looking for work in a young interactive media/gaming company, with a talented and enthusiastic team, and are in Canada, we’re looking for you! Find out more about the opportunity below!
About Story City
Story City, like Pokemon Go or Geocaching, but with stories, is the world’s first marketplace and App for location-based stories, with each real-life choose your adventure, puzzle trail, or historical tale through city streets only accessible if you’re standing in the right location. Each story is created by local creators who know their cities best. At Story City, we are of the firm belief that it is local stories and storytellers that are the change makers in our society. We empower creators to make a career in the cities that they love, by telling stories they can live. We want to redefine stories so they’re something you’re a part of, rather than something you’re told, and to make cities places you interact with and explore, rather than just walk through. We’re a little bit of GIS, gaming, AR, and adventure all rolled into one.
We have an exciting time ahead of us: we are rebuilding the Story City app from scratch, turning it from just an app into a collaborative and interactive marketplace platform that allows any creator or storyteller across the world to create and sell interactive stories set in the location you’re standing. You’ll be joining our Lead developer in coding our back end and front end of our mobile app for our marketplace beta launch. You’ll get a look into the whole startup development process, rapid prototyping, and creativity process. The work you do will help set the direction and development roadmap for the next 18 months of the company.
This position is full-time, 35hrs/wk, in a remote working team.
Duties & Responsibilities
These responsibilities include:
- Implementation and coding of UX design for mobile iOS and Android applications
- Design of product timelines and deliverables for mobile apps
- Liaising with UX/UI and development team to integrate mobile product roadmap into overall business vision.
- Liaising with development team in the coding and development of various mobile development tasks to meet deadlines/sprint schedules
- Development of iOS and Android mobile app front and back end
- Hooking the mobile apps into the database/backend of the website application
- Build and keep up-to-date documentation of tech functionality for mobile apps
- Provide your code in a timely manner for code review, and code review the code of relevant team mates
- Co-ordinating the UX/UI team work on wireframes (low fi-high fi)
- Providing feedback on UX/UI work/wireframes
- Application of modifications and improvements based on UX testing feedback to mobile applications.
- QA testing of the mobile and web app and logging issues with relevant developer
- And any other reasonable, related tasks requested.
Knowledge, skills, & Eligibility
- Preferred experience in GraphQL,
- Preferred experience in Geolocation,
- A strong love for interactive storytelling/gaming,
- Is a self-starter and highly motivated as the internships are virtual (and you’ll be working on a product that spans the world),
- Who is open to experimentation,
- Our funding for this position is coming for the Digital Youth Skills Program which has several requirements set by the Canadian government. Please only apply if you meet these requirements! For us we are happy for you to be based anywhere within Canada as we work as a remote team.
- We highly encourage female coders to apply!!!
How To Apply
Please send an email cover letter detailing your company fit, and a PDF resume (titled CV – YOUR NAME) to us here at ecraven (at) storycity (dot) com (dot) au.
We can’t wait to meet you!